Make this the year that you resolve to improved accessibility with a stairlift. Whether it is the season to make resolutions or simply a turning point, enhance and increase everyday convenience and overall quality of life with mobility aids from reputable vendors in the Bay Area. Call a mobility professional to learn more today.
Don’t you owe it to yourself to have the very best life possible? Accessibility contributes to quality of life and everyday living; learn more about stairlifts and mobility aids that can enhance access and make life a lot more convenient. Talk to the industry experts at Pacific Mobility and learn more about your options and choices.
Make the resolution of improved access and accessibility with a stairlift this season- or any time of the year!
- Take time to talk to a vendor. The truth is, you should take the time to talk with a reputable mobility vendor in the region first, to determine if you are a good candidate for a stairlift. These professionals will also be able to identify issues, outline costs, and pinpoint the best device to meet your distinct needs. This should be one of the first steps you take toward the resolution of a stairlift and improved accessibility!
- Learn a little bit more. Do some research and make a point to learn a little more about the stairlifts, models, and brands- this can also help you identify some features that you will definitely want- or not- when you purchase your own mobility aid. Review online ratings and ranks to find high-quality products and the vendors who sell them locally or online.
- Consider a range of options. Keep an open mind regarding mobility aids; it may be that grab bars and reaching tools are also pragmatic investments. Depending on your mobility level and the configuration of your home, a stairlift may be the best and most prudent approach to a year of improved access and autonomy.
- Treat yourself to a demonstration. Are you near Pacific Mobility in the Bay Area? If possible, visit a site where you can see stairlifts demonstrated for your consideration. How will you know that it works for you if you don’t try it first? This will also help to tease-out the equipment that you find most appealing among a range of lifts and devices; the team at Pacific Mobility looks forward to welcoming you to their location!
- Figure out the financials. It is possible that your insurance coverage may help defray the cost of installing a lift in your home. Talk to an industry mobility expert- they can help you navigate the often-complicated path with insurance carriers, too.
- Place a call to your provider or practitioner. Call your provider or physician; are you eligible for a prescription for a mobility aid, such as a lift? Your doctor may be able to assist you in getting documentation for your insurer; speak with them to learn more.
- Opt for professional installation only. Once you have resolved to enhance your access with a stairlift, make sure that you only opt for professional installation. Allowing someone other than a mobility professional install equipment could nullify any warranty that you might have; also, it is never safe to allow laymen to work on, service, repair, install or uninstall your lift. Call a pro.
- Always follow manufacturer recommendations for use. Once you have made the decision to gain access, always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for using your lift. This includes only one passenger at a time, adhering to weight restrictions, and wearing your safety belt at all times when using the device. Refer to your owner manual for more specifics regarding your distinct model and brand.
- Keep and maintain a clear berth. Clutter can be a problem for a stairlift; avoid issues by maintaining a clear and wide berth around the lift, paying special attention to the landings at the top and bottom of the stairlift. Objects can cause the device to stop in mid-transport, which may be a problem for the user.
- Never rule out the possibility. Don’t assume you don’t qualify or can’t afford a stairlift. Make the resolution that you are worth the effort and find out for yourself today!
Around a third of seniors in the US will take a nasty fall this year; a stairlift can help reduce falls while also providing access to all areas of the home environment. Curb your risk of a fall and subsequent injury, potentially impacting overall autonomy and living, with mobility aids now.
Are you ready to make the resolution to get a stairlift this season? Visit and talk to the experts at Pacific Mobility; they are ready and waiting to demonstrate and assist you in finding the right mobility aids for your needs, budget, and home. Enhance access and increase safety with a stairlift- or other device- this year; make a resolution to improve everyday living today!
President, Husband, Father, Grandfather Graduate of UC Davis- Bio Sci Major- Go Aggies! Jeff has extensive experience in all of Pacific Mobility’s products and services, and specializes in accessibility products as well as stairlifts, ceiling lifts and custom wheel chairs. His hobbies include spending time with family, gardening, mountain biking, exercising and off road motorcycle riding.
24 years as Owner/President of Pacific Mobility Center – selling, installing, and servicing stairlifts, porch lifts, ceiling lifts, pool lifts, handicap ramping, specialty wheelchairs, scooters, power wheel chairs, and other power mobility devices
Certified Environmental Access Consultant since 2008
Licensed General Contractor since 1998
Certified Aging in Place Specialist since 2016
Board Member for Home Access Professionals
Member of Association of Members of the Accessibility Equipment Industry (AEMA)