Celebrate the life you live through something that bring both joy and numerous holistic health advantages. Creativity is good for mental health, focus, and mindset; plus, it provides a purpose that is essential to healthy aging, too. Celebrate life through artistic pursuits in January, as a means of observing two distinct events: Inspire your Heart with Art Day and Celebration of Life Month.
Celebrate the life that you lead through something creative that provides fulfillment and joy. There are many advantages of art and creative pursuits that benefit holistic health and wellness. Continue to enjoy doing what you love with mobility aids and equipment to improve accessibility and enhance quality of life.
Celebrate life through art!
Art is Holistically Healthful
Did you know that art can have healthful impacts on your mind and body? It is true; there are numerous benefits of art and creativity in holistic health, including mental and emotional wellbeing. Some of the ways that art fosters holistic health includes these:
- A sense of belonging and unity with others shared over the common interest in art.
- A calming relaxation and stress reliever.
- A way to express oneself in a non-judged way.
- A sort of acceptance among peers.
- Engagement and interaction with others, from the person you purchase art supplies from to those that view your art.
- The act of creating can be meditative for many artists.
- Creating something provides a valuable sense of purpose.
These examples all have positive ripple effects on the artist’s mental health and wellbeing. Reach your full potential by tapping into some creative outlets. It can be a very therapeutic and cathartic experience.
What is Art?
What is art? Historically, art told stories and shared information with others in ancient civilizations and cultures. Later-on, it was used to convey beliefs, feelings, and thoughts- at times, spurring revolution or revolt. Artistic forms include classic methods, like painting, music, theater, poetry, and dance, but contemporary artisans have added many other avocations and arts to this list. Some other artistic pursuits may include:
- Web design
- Woodworking and carpentry
- Printing and printmaking
Art has the innate ability to inspire droves of people to try and do something new or unfamiliar; isn’t that powerful? However, short of creating the next great masterpiece, how can a person celebrate life through art? There are many ways, including these:
- Visit a studio or art gallery.
- See a play or attend a concert.
- Read classic literature or invest in a current bestseller.
- Listen to, enjoy, or make music.
- Watch someone dance- or dance, yourself!
- Try a new handicraft, art, or project.
- Share some knowledge with a young person.
- Take a class or enroll in school.
- Write your memoir.
Not sure where or how to get started celebrating life through or with art? Use these tips to get your feet wet. Set aside a day in January to observe Inspire Your Heart with Art Day, which reinforces how art influences life quality and holistic wellbeing. Use this day to get inspired.
Celebrate Life with Art
Life is precious. Celebrate and commemorate the life that you have been given during Celebration of Life Month in January of each year. The goal of this month encompasses celebration- as well as the sharing and dissemination of information. Some objectives of this observance include:
- Educating yourself and others about ways to enhance life and overcome hardship.
- Read and take-in information, whenever possible. Attend events and educational experiences.
- Consider donating to worthy causes that help others.
- Be a witness to life in one way or another; grow a plant, adopt a pet, spend time with a senior.
- Meditate and pray for a deeper understanding and appreciation of life.
What have you got to lose? Art is part of everyday life- it is everywhere when you look for it. From the videos that you watch online to the art adorning the walls of your doctor’s office, art is life. Celebrate life through and with art; do something that you may have enjoyed at other stages of your life- pick up a pen, brush, or other tool and get started. The sense of accomplishment and pride is beyond compare and can significantly improve your holistic wellbeing in a myriad of ways.
Is access an issue preventing you from a hobby or art that you enjoy? Talk with the mobility experts at Pacific Mobility for the latest in mobility aids, as well as quality installation, service, and customer support. Preserve your interest in art, maintain your autonomy, and improve quality of life with devices and aids that simply make everyday living easier; call or visit today!
President, Husband, Father, Grandfather Graduate of UC Davis- Bio Sci Major- Go Aggies! Jeff has extensive experience in all of Pacific Mobility’s products and services, and specializes in accessibility products as well as stairlifts, ceiling lifts and custom wheel chairs. His hobbies include spending time with family, gardening, mountain biking, exercising and off road motorcycle riding.
24 years as Owner/President of Pacific Mobility Center – selling, installing, and servicing stairlifts, porch lifts, ceiling lifts, pool lifts, handicap ramping, specialty wheelchairs, scooters, power wheel chairs, and other power mobility devices
Certified Environmental Access Consultant since 2008
Licensed General Contractor since 1998
Certified Aging in Place Specialist since 2016
Board Member for Home Access Professionals
Member of Association of Members of the Accessibility Equipment Industry (AEMA)