Do you believe in the power of positive thinking? When it comes to adapting to mobility aids and equipment, attitude makes a difference. Overcome skepticism and embrace tools and devices that may make everyday life easier and safer. Being open to trying new tools to improve accessibility can make the adjustment that much easier. Consider this on June 5th, National Attitude Day, this year.
Are you a positive person? Even if you don’t consider yourself to be a beacon of positivity, a good attitude can make life changes and subsequent adaptations a bit easier to adjust to. A great example of this is when implementing and installing mobility aids; rather than worrying that you won’t, can’t, or don’t want to adapt to tools that may make mobility easier, consider the sheer potential and promise of these devices. June 5th is National Attitude Day. Try to embrace the potential of positivity when it comes to mobility aids and life in general!
Positive Thinking and Holistic Health
Did you know that there is a link between a positive attitude and your holistic well-being? Studies show that there is. Here are a few ways that positive thinking is connected to good health:
- Better stress management and coping mechanisms
- Psychological wellness
- Enhanced immunities to colds and sickness
- Longer life
- Less depression
- Lower risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improved recovery from significant medical issues, like stroke or brain injury
- Less stress-related inflammation
Also, studies show that a positive mental attitude is often connected to better daily choices and a healthier lifestyle, including more restful sleep, cleaner diet, more exercise, and fewer bad habits, like smoking.
Mobility Aids and Solutions
Adapting to mobility aids is easy when you consider that they provide enhanced accessibility and could lead to an improved quality of life. Buy from reputable vendors with expertise in mobility solutions and only from those that will install, demonstrate, and service your equipment for you.
A positive attitude helps when using mobility aids; here’s how:
- Be willing to engage our team to learn more about your mobility options and solutions. Be invested in improving accessibility so that you can find the best equipment for your distinct needs.
- Adopt a future-oriented mindset. Think ahead regarding your mobility needs to age in place. It may make sense to invest in aids that will adapt to future circumstances and challenges.
- What would you like to do that you are unable to? Where do you want to go? Think about making your own everyday life better, easier, and safer. Things like ramps, vehicle lifts, and walkers are valid options.
- When you embrace each day with positivity, the possibilities are endless. There are tools waiting for you to utilize and optimize- with the potential to improve quality of life.
- Reaching out for ways to enhance everyday living shows control over your life and your situation. Even if physical limitations have you feeling down, look for tools and resources that circumvent and assist in these situations.
At Pacific Mobility, we want the client to be comfortable with the choice that they made and we always provide support after the sale to ensure customer satisfaction. Start researching and gathering information pertaining to various aids like lifts, walkers, seats, and more to make an informed decision regarding the best equipment for you. Read customer reviews in your region to find a vendor that is reputable and knowledgeable when it comes to mobility solutions.
National Attitude Day
June 5th is National Attitude Day. How will you celebrate? The aim is to maintain a positive outlook, often easier said than done. Try to avoid allowing problems, worries, or issues to control the way you look at the world today. Remember that stress and worry are at the root of many significant health problems, make a commitment to reframe your situation in a positive light. It is not about avoiding the underlying issues that make positivity challenging, but about protecting and enhancing your holistic health and wellbeing.
Observe and celebrate National Attitude Day with these simple suggestions:
- Smile more.
- Do something that brings you joy.
- Try to reframe negative situations or experiences.
- Engage others.
- Try to let things roll off your back. This will help foster resiliency, which can lower negativity surrounding stressful experiences.
- Establish and build relationships with others.
- Accept that change is part of life.
- Be proactive about finding solutions to problems, obstacles, or challenges.
- Immerse yourself in books, blogs, or videos surrounding positivity.
- Let go of old anger and be quick to forgive others- and yourself.
Make life easier with quality mobility aids and equipment from the professionals at Pacific Mobility. Embrace the potential power of positive thinking when you acclimate yourself to your circumstances and as you adapt to mobility tools that enhance access and improve everyday life. It really works- call or visit us today!
President, Husband, Father, Grandfather Graduate of UC Davis- Bio Sci Major- Go Aggies! Jeff has extensive experience in all of Pacific Mobility’s products and services, and specializes in accessibility products as well as stairlifts, ceiling lifts and custom wheel chairs. His hobbies include spending time with family, gardening, mountain biking, exercising and off road motorcycle riding.
24 years as Owner/President of Pacific Mobility Center – selling, installing, and servicing stairlifts, porch lifts, ceiling lifts, pool lifts, handicap ramping, specialty wheelchairs, scooters, power wheel chairs, and other power mobility devices
Certified Environmental Access Consultant since 2008
Licensed General Contractor since 1998
Certified Aging in Place Specialist since 2016
Board Member for Home Access Professionals
Member of Association of Members of the Accessibility Equipment Industry (AEMA)